Demand Forecasting Training Program
How to Increase Customer Service and Build Teamwork Through Better Forecasting?
One of the most challenging – and thankless- tasks in industry is forecasting future sales
Often a major source of friction between Sales and Marketing on the one hand and Operations on the other, forecasts are often a bone of contention, but rarely improved
The session will be helpful to
• President, Chief executive, General Manager and you see a major gulf between your Sales & Marketing Folks and those in Operations
• Work in Sales and Marketing and continually get beat up for bad forecasts
• Work in Operations/Supply Chain and feel that the sales forecasts you get are really awful
• Are a field Salesperson who just doesn’t understand why you need to go through this agony called forecasting?
• Believe that, with better forecasts, your company could do a better job of shipping customer orders quickly, complete and on time
• Believe that, with better forecasts, your company can do a much better job of anticipating financial surprises
Why bother with Forecasting?
Here are some characteristics of a company that might be able to get by without forecasting
• The customer order fulfilment times are longer than total procurement and production lead time. And that is fine with their customers
• They can add or remove capacity very quickly and economically
• The owners of the business do not require forward financial planning
Why forecasting is required?
• If your business strategy is Make To Stock and customer cannot wait
• Capacity Management
• Financial Planning
The session will cover – “Why and How To” –
• Emphasize Teamwork, not formulas
• Forecast Less, Not More
• Focus on process improvement, not forecast accuracy
The session will cover
• Managing demand
• Getting started
• Forecasting methodologies
• Wrap up
•Date: Coming Soon, Online, Live and Inter-active
Certificate: Participation certificate will be provided to all participants from “Thoughtware Training Pvt Ltd”. This program has no link to APICS
Trainer: Mr. Pattabhi Raman CPIM, CSCP, CLTD…
Training Materials: Recorded video link will be provided to those participants who request for the same. No additional materials will be provided. However recommended books will be informed during the session.